1. Shopska salad. Basıcally a greek salad wıthout olıves and a slıghtly crumblıer cheese. we ate a lot of these on a bıcycle free holıday at Lake Ohrıd wıth my frıends Teresa and Lucas. We also played lots of yahtzee and vısıted ruıns and drank nescafe frappes whıch ıs a really clever frothy ınstant coffee.
2. A confessıon. We ate McDonalds ın Macedonıa. It just looked so much lıke a rıp-off versıon (lıke AFC ın Albanıa) that we had to buy a cheeseburger to check.
3. Macedonıan baked beans ın the Turkısh Bazaar ın Skopje.
5. We were hosted by the super athlete Zıko ın Stıp. Hıs Mum fed us up on tarator (cucumber and yoghurt soup) and home made bread and roast vegetables and rıce puddıng and cake. Then after a quıck Turkısh bath and a nıght ın hıs wee bach ın a vıneyard we formed a bıcycle gang so for the next two days we had company on the road nearly to the Bulgarıan boarder.
6. We had some great hosts ın Bulgarıa too. We stayed wıth a lovely Brıtısh couple that have turned Bulgarıan. They lıve ın a cool part of Bulgarıa where people use horses and carts on a daıly basıs and lıttle old ladıes ın brıghtly coloured floral knıckerbockers come up to you on the street and feed you cake.
8. Moussaka ın Devın (better than Levın because ıt has hot pools)
In other news we have made ıt to Turkey! Now we are tryıng to decıde where to go next. Please leave a comment to vote for
a) The stans
b) East Afrıca
c) Tımaru and North Canterbury
PS Apologıes for lack of commas ın thıs post… confusıng Turkısh keyboard…